Pierre Stoermer, CEO – DroneMapper.com
DroneMapper is very pleased to announce that RAPID is now available for download, licensing and has full photogrammetry functionality as REMOTE EXPERT. RAPID will provide high resolution DEMs and orthomosaics using up to 250 images for an imagery project. A one year license for the application is $159. Results are available in near real time using modest computing hardware.
The download link can be found here: DroneMapper Downloads
Two WINDOWS 10 (64bit) applications with identical features and functionality are offered and are summarized below:
• RAPID ($159/year): Allows input of up to 250 geo-tagged JPEG images of 12 Mpixel format or greater. RAPID will produce a preview orthomosaic, a DEM scaled at X8, X4, X2 or imagery native resolution and an orthomosaic scaled at X4, X2 or native resolution as output products in GeoTiff format.
• REMOTE EXPERT ($999 perpetual): This module provides full photogrammetric functionality and allows input of up to 2000 geo-tagged JPEG images of 12 Mpixel format or greater. REMOTE EXPERT produces a preview orthomosaic, a DEM scaled at X8, X4, X2 or imagery native resolution and an orthomosaic scaled at X4, X2 or native resolution as output products in GeoTiff format.
Both modules process using ground control points (GCPs). This feature requires imagery pre-processing using the included GCP Tool. These modules will also generate a 64-bit point cloud in ASCII PLY/XYZ format should the user select that feature.
• Orthomosaic preview – facilitates review of acceptable imagery collection at the site, prior to equipment pack-up, by generating the preview in near real time. In many cases the preview will help identify holes in coverage, issues with image geo-tagging and poor quality imagery (blur and other imagery artifacts that hamper proper processing) before you leave the scene.
• Linear and area measurements for overlap verification and scene coverage.
• Selectable scaling of the DEM appropriate for the project requirements.
• Selectable scaling and blending of the orthomosaic for scene feature identification and production of a visually pleasing (minimal to no seamlines) scene.
• DEM and orthomosaic sub-pixel root mean square error (RMSE) of GCPs in horizontal and vertical – facilitates accurate planimetric and 3-D measurements.
• 64-bit point cloud provided for feature classification, editing and DTM generation.
• Robust processing algorithms tolerant of minimal imagery overlap. Allows user to close the loop on operations platform, camera/lens and mission planner to minimize overlaps for high efficiency collects over larger areas, quick processing turnaround times and high quality output.
– Multi-spectral image processing,
– Oblique imagery processing for 3D textured meshes.